- Crisis Intake Team
- Services en français
- 0-6 Years
- 7-14 Years
- Residential Treatment
- Respite Services
- Intensive Family Service (IFS)
- Middlesex County Services
- French Services
- PhotoVoice Project
- Talk-In Clinics
Call us 24/7
Welcome to the School-Community Intervention Partnership (SCIP)
SCIP is an integrated community partnership program committed to
an effective early response to the mental health needs of
elementary school children in London and Middlesex.
Call 519 432-0881 for more Information
How we help
- builds community capacity for the effective early intervention, assessment and treatment services for elementary school children who exhibit externalizing behaviours
- streamlines access by improving coordination and developing referral protocols with selected London elementary schools as the referral source
- connects children to medical services for the early identification and treatment for ADD/ADHD and externalizing behaviours
- enhances the capacity for psychiatric and other assessments through existing services
- coordinates and provides Evidence-informed early intervention initiatives in school communities
- offers programs that build strength within families, schools, and students
- liaises with other services for children and families to help bridge connections
- evaluates the implementation and effectiveness of its programs to reduce externalizing behaviours in children
Who we are
- Merrymount Children's Centre
- Vanier Children's Services
- London District Catholic School Board
- Thames Valley District School Board
- Elgin Oxford Child and Youth Centre
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde
- Conseil Scolaire Catholique Providence
Our vision is to move children who are at risk of developing
serious mental health problems toward optimal functioning within
their current environment.
SCIP's approaches are tailored to the family and individual child's needs and strengths, help to determine the nature of problems and co-create solutions, and provide communication and collaboration between all vested parties in an effort to reduce child behaviour difficulties, increase resiliency and self regulation and build on the child's, family's and community strengths.
Referral to existing community resources that may augment and/or better suit the child's needs may also occur.
Who is eligible?
- TVDSB, LDCSB, Providence or Viamonde elementary school children (grade 1 to 6) in selected schools in London/Middlesex County
- Children with externalizing behaviours that may be interfering with their performance at home, school, and in the community
- Children who are identified and referred by their school team
- Services are currently provided in selected schools in London through the SCIP satellite office housed in Trafalgar Public School
SCIP services are free.