Moving on Mental Health is a province-wide action plan which was initiated by Ministry of Children and Youth Service in 2014. The purpose is to fix a Children and Youth Mental Health (CYMH) System that is fragmented and difficult for both families and professionals to access and navigate. The goal is to increase the degree of coordination, responsiveness, and ease of access for all children and families that need mental health services. In 2019, responsibility for funding CYMH services was transferred to the Ministry of Health.
Vanier Children’s Mental Wellness serves as Lead Agency for the London-Middlesex service area. As Lead Agency, Vanier is responsible to work to improve the functioning of the system collaboratively with the 8 other agencies in our area that that receive funding to deliver at least one of a set of seven specific children and youth mental health services, including brief services, crisis services, counselling and therapy, family caregiver support, residential/intensive Services, targeted prevention, and specialized consultation and assessment.
The 9 agencies include:
- Boys and Girls Club of London
- Community Services Coordination Network (CSCN)
- Craigwood Children, Youth and Family Services
- Humana Community Services
- London Family Court Clinic
- London Health Sciences Centre, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Care Program
- Merrymount Family Support and Crisis Centre
- St. Leonard’s Community Services
- Vanier Children’s Mental Wellness